Thursday, October 8, 2009

What we know about Dez Bryant's situation


Since the news broke Wednesday afternoon of Dez Bryant's suspension, a lot of dots have been connected regarding the Oklahoma State star receiver.
Here's what we know (or least, what's been reported by reliable outlets).
1. The problem stems from a visit Bryant made to the home of former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders this summer. Apparently, nothing occurred that violated NCAA rules. But Bryant denied the visit to NCAA investigators, a violation of an NCAA by-law, as the Oklahoman reports.
2. Bryant seemed to confirm everything in a now famous Facebook post. "This is why I'm suspended.....I went to Deion sanders house ....and the NCAA found out.....they ask me if I been to his house I told them no...I thought it was a violation...but it wasn't... so I told them I went to his house... I lied to ...them and I shouldn't have....and I'm not suspended for the rest of the season....I'm sorry osu!!"
3. Given the way the NCAA treated Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun, who had half-a-dozen sworn depositions backing his eligibility contention, the supervisory body will probably take its time.
4. At least for now, Oklahoma State loses one of the top playmakers in college football. The receiving corps is not especially deep.
5. Biggest beneficiary? Start with Texas A&M this weekend at Kyle Field. The Aggies' chance for a bounce-back win after the Arkansas game don't look half-bad without Bryant. And Texas has to feel a little better about that Oct. 31 game in Stillwater if Bryant is still suspended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms